Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

gbpucci
Frequent Visitor

Possible BUG: Database name sensitive in Enterprise Gateway

Hello !!

I'm trying to set up the Enterprise Gateway, my database is configured with Binary collation, and i put the database name in uppercase, but the system returns the error below, with the database name in lowercase. I'm trying to make this with a database with lowercase name and it work,

Bug ???

"Underlying error message: Cannot open database "dadosadvmp8"
requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user  ...."

Thanks !!

4 REPLIES 4
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

If lowercase/uppercase switch changes the issue, it is 100% a bug. I had a similar experience with the early SSAS Connector, it was also case sensitive.

After 15 days waiting a support ticket, no solution until now !!!

I'm seeing the same thing - results in login failed, with binary collation on for the target db

A workaround for this problem: create a database with a lowercase name, use this database for connection in gateway. But when creating the data source, use sql query to get the data from an especific database:

SELECT *

FROM [DATABASE].[dbo].[TABLE]

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors