Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kevinantholt

Personal Gateway No Credentials

I've installed and re-installed the personal gateway multiple times however it never askes for credentials and it says connected on my computer. In the cloud it says I haven't insatlled a gateway and need to install it.

When I open the Personal Gateway from the system tray on my PC it says connected but when I click Apply it says invalid Credentials. There is no place to put credentials even if I re-install the gateway.

Any Ideas????

Credentials.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kevinantholt,

After we installed and configured the personal gateway, we can find it in the dataset settings if the dataset requires gateway whether the gateway was online or offline. In your scenario, I guessed you looked personal gateway via "Manage Gateways", so it always prompted you to install the gateway.

Please deploy the .pbix file to Power BI Service which requires gateway( eg: connect to SQL Server database in Import mode ), then navigate to the Settings->Datasets-> Gateway connection. Please check if you can find the personal gateway.

a1.PNG

In addition, please exit personal gateway then rerun it to see if the personal gateway status is online.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response.

I can't get it to show up like what you have on screen.

When I uninstall and try to install again with the links I get these 2 error. which migh have something to do with it.

I can download and install directly from PBI's Product Page but when I do that I can't get it to shown under my Data Gateway setting.

Load.PNGError.PNG

Hi @kevinantholt,

The message you get is caused by the personal gateway is not available. You can see this article: Gateway connection. Please try again download PowerBIGatewayInstall.exe file to install personal gateway.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@kevinantholt Try completely uninstalling, remove all files from folder, delete registry keys, remove it from pbi service and then re-install.

Tried all that, still not showing up as a data gateway in the cloud

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors