Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rsmhema1993
Frequent Visitor

Oracle Database connection Issue

Hi all,

When I was trying to connect Oracle database from my power BI Desktop account, I am getting the following error.

Oracle DB connectivity error.PNG

I installed Oracle client 11g 64-bit in my local machine. Its asking me to install Oracle Client Driver for connecting remote DB. I dont find any link for installing only that oracle driver for 64-bit oracle client i find only the whole package. Can anyone please help me with this issue? If you guys find any link specific to that Oracle client driver, Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@rsmhema1993,

It is recommended to install the latest version of Oracle client driver.

Do you install 64-bit Power BI Desktop in your machine? If so, just download 64-bit ODAC 12c Release 4 (12.1.0.2.4) for Windows x64  from this link and install it on your machine. After that, you should be able to connect to the Oracle 11g database from Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@rsmhema1993,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you install, 32-bit or 64-bit?

For 32-bit version of Power BI Desktop, use the following link to download and install Oracle client driver:
32-bit Oracle Data Access Components (ODAC) with Oracle Developer Tools for Visual Studio (12.1.0.2....

For 64-bit version of Power BI Desktop, use the following link to download and install Oracle client driver:
64-bit ODAC 12c Release 4 (12.1.0.2.4) for Windows x64

Reference:
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-connect-oracle-database/#connect-t...

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft Thank you for ur solution.

What if i installed oracle 11g client database instead of 12c without oracle ODBC driver package?

I need software for installing only Oracle client driver for windows 10 with 64-bit.

Could u please suggest me any link for installing Oracle client driver for 11g as i dont find any link for specific to Oracle client driver?

@rsmhema1993,

It is recommended to install the latest version of Oracle client driver.

Do you install 64-bit Power BI Desktop in your machine? If so, just download 64-bit ODAC 12c Release 4 (12.1.0.2.4) for Windows x64  from this link and install it on your machine. After that, you should be able to connect to the Oracle 11g database from Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

@v-yuezhe-msft 

Thanks for your suggestion and will install latest version of Oracle client database.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors