Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

svishwanathan
Helper III
Helper III

One drive power pivot data set updated but changes not showing in service

Good Afternoon

I have power pivot excel dataset in the one drive which is synced to the cloud. I always make enhancements to the dataset which are then refleced in the power bi dataset in the service. 

This process has been working seamlessly for months. Even 10 days ago I made some enhancements and they were reflected in the dataset in the cloud

This thursday I made some minor formatting changes like making a column visible and changing the format on some measures. But these changes are not being picked

I have not received any refresh failure notice for the scheduled refresh. I have tried manual refresh as well but whatever I do the changes are not reflected in the dataset in the service

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@svishwanathan,

How do you connect to the Excel file in Power BI? And what data source do you connect to using PowerPivot? As per this on this article, structure changes will not applied to Power BI if you refresh dataset imported from local Excel file.

"When you refresh a dataset created from an Excel workbook imported from a local drive, only the data queried from data sources is refreshed. If you change the structure of the data model in Excel or Power Pivot; for example, create a new measure or change the name of a column, those changes will not be copied to the dataset. If you make such changes, you’ll need to re-upload or re-publish the workbook. "

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors