Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RubenJonkers

[On-premises gateway] Migration doesn't show the correct cluster.

Hi all,

I am trying to migrate my on-premises gateway from one server to another. I want to do this using the migration option. However, after login I can't see the right cluster, only a cluster I made before on the new server as a test. 

The problem is, I don't want to change all my reports to use the new cluster, that'll be too much work at this point. Is there a way to make the old cluster show up on the new server?

I am using the latest gatway version(June 2018) and I am logged in with the account that manages the old cluster.

If you need more information I am happy to provide. 

Thanks,

Ruben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RubenJonkers,

Yes. We can only migrate the gateway using the account that originally created it.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@RubenJonkers,

I am unable to reproduce your issue. When you sign in the old gateway, do you see correct configured gateway? In my scenario, when I sign in new gateway using same account which is used in old gateway, and enter recovery key, the gateway is migrated successfully.

1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

You gave me an idea. I might have been using the wrong login address but then the problem could be that the original address does not exist anymore. I will try this and get back to you.

Regards,

Ruben

The issue seems to be that you can only migrate the gateway using the account that originally created it. This account is not available anymore, sadly. 

We decided to create a new gateway and we'll have to change the reports. 

This time we're creating the gateway under a generic email address that wouldn't need to be deleted. 

@v-yuezhe-msft Thanks for the help!

@RubenJonkers,

Yes. We can only migrate the gateway using the account that originally created it.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors