Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amassip
Helper I
Helper I

On-premises data gateway service disconnected every x minutes

Hello everybody

I have installed the on-premises gateway ,connected my SSAS datasource and all is fine.

But I don't know why, every x minutes the gateway is unreachable (sometimes it is 10minutes or 1hour...) so I have to restart the service.

Any idea ? 

There is a proxy network and the service is log on as an administrator

10 REPLIES 10
Jyoti_Sankar
Regular Visitor

Hi @amassip

Is there any update on this issue. I am facing the same problem.

Jyoti_Sankar
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. Is there any update for this?

amassip
Helper I
Helper I

Hello

I downloaded the last version of the gateway.

Now in the log I can see 

5C0CF1DA [DM.GatewayCore] ServiceEndpoint Connection status: Connecting, LastError: 'System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The connection to the connect service was lost. ---> Microsoft.ServiceBus.ConnectionLostException: The connection to the connect service was lost.

Is there a parameter to set a timeout or something like that ? 

Hi @amassip

I'm facing the exact same issue. Did you get this resolved eventually?

Thanks,

Mathias

Hello,

No, I always have the problem

Adak
Frequent Visitor

Any solutions or debuging steps found? I have the same issue with no clue what happens.

Hello,

No

amassip
Helper I
Helper I

@eskyline

In the log I can't see an error when the gateway is offline, there are only information log.

Except when I restart the service I got this error :

Microsoft.PowerBI.EnterpriseGateway.exe Warning: 0 : Exception while creating Perf counters: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key 'Global' is denied.

Hi @amassip,

Please make sure the data gateway is up-to-date ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127 ). As it's proxy network, check if you configure proxy settings properly for data gateway follow this article. Also refer to this aricle to troubleshoot the issue: Firewall or Proxy.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
eskyline
Resolver I
Resolver I

amassip,

Not sure.  There are logs produced by the gateway.  If you go to the server where its installed and launch the enterprise gateway (I just search it in the search box next to the start button) there is a splash type screen with two links to the directory where the logs live.  There is a config one and more of a regular execution one.  I'd check the latter for any additional info.  I'd also check the event viewer.  Beyond that are you certain your SSAS instance is staying up.  I'd check that is not crashing and restarting for some reason as people are hitting it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors