Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On-premises data gateway (personal mode) not connecting.

I'm traying to use the gateway, but this error appears:

Your gateway is configured correctly but is unreachable due to local network connectivity

Ensure "{0}" is running in the Services control panel. 

The old personal gateway was working perfectly, but the Power BI web send me a message to update to the new On-premises data gateway (personal mode), but ir does not works. The strange fact is that  I tryed to install On-premises data gateway (enterprise mode) and it works, the only one that does not works is the personal mode.  The organization that I work uses proxy, so using the old personal or the new on-premises enterprise I have to configure the service "Log On As" to use my AD user, but new personal mode does not have a service. So how can I fix my problem?

This is my Gateway.log file and this is my GatewayConfigurator.log.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Typically this is caused by a firewall blocking Service Bus. You can confirm by using the following

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/#firewall-or-proxy

The gateway is configured to use the default proxy settings, however many organizations only proxy port 80 and 443. Since Service Bus uses different ports by default, start by forcing Service Bus to use port 80 or 443. Keep in mind the on-premises data gateway (personal mode) is typically installed under "%localappdata%\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway (personal mode)".

After enabling changing the configuration file, you will need to kill the on-premises data gateway (personal mode) process (Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGateway.exe) and relaunch the configurator.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

How did you identify and fix that?

Vichian
Frequent Visitor

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions.

Now I'm already solved my issue by MS Support Team, after they found that TLS Certification on my Gateway doesn't install correctly.

Vichian
Frequent Visitor

My Org dosn't have a Proxy.

Vichian
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, I've tried but it's doesn't work.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Typically this is caused by a firewall blocking Service Bus. You can confirm by using the following

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/#firewall-or-proxy

The gateway is configured to use the default proxy settings, however many organizations only proxy port 80 and 443. Since Service Bus uses different ports by default, start by forcing Service Bus to use port 80 or 443. Keep in mind the on-premises data gateway (personal mode) is typically installed under "%localappdata%\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway (personal mode)".

After enabling changing the configuration file, you will need to kill the on-premises data gateway (personal mode) process (Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGateway.exe) and relaunch the configurator.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, @v-qiuyu-msft. I changed ServiceBusSystemConnectivityModeString to Https instead of AutoDetect on Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config. Before oppening this question I was already doing so, the problem is that I was not restarting the proccess Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.PersonalGateway.exe

<setting name="ServiceBusSystemConnectivityModeString" serializeAs="String">
<value>Https</value>
</setting>

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors