Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sirhaplo

On-premise data gateway, Mysql and Reboots

Hi all,

i have a remote data source on a MySql server.

And i use this datas to update some PowerBI reports.

This server is reachable from everywhere, it needs only user and pass.

MUST I use Data Gateway even if it's not in my local network ?

I installed the data gateway on a simple PC. It starts once a day, stay active for the update period and shuts down.

But every time the PC start, the service is not running, and i must start the service, start the app and login.

I installed with the only user on the system, that is an administrator one.

It's normal ?

There's a way to have the service autorun at startup ?

Thanks so much

Daniele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@sirhaplo

Gateway is only required when you want to set schedule refresh for that dataset that connects to MySQL data source, and please ensure that the gateway has access to the remote MySQL data source.

Additionally, based on my test, afterI reboot my machine, the gateway service is still running, and we don't need to re-set schedule refresh for datasets in Power BI Service. Have you set its startup type to Automatic?
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. My startup type is set to Automatic but after the server restarted, the gateway does not start automatically, and I have to manully re-start it.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

songch00

I have the same problem. My startup type is set to Automatic but after the server restarted, the gateway does not start automatically

Any solutions?

Same problem with our virtual machines. After Patch Tuesday we have to manually start the gateways.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@sirhaplo

Gateway is only required when you want to set schedule refresh for that dataset that connects to MySQL data source, and please ensure that the gateway has access to the remote MySQL data source.

Additionally, based on my test, afterI reboot my machine, the gateway service is still running, and we don't need to re-set schedule refresh for datasets in Power BI Service. Have you set its startup type to Automatic?
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sirhaplo

Hi all,

i have a remote data source on a MySql server.

And i use this datas to update some PowerBI reports.

This server is reachable from everywhere, it needs only user and pass.

MUST I use Data Gateway even if it's not in my local network ?

I installed the data gateway on a simple PC. It starts once a day, stay active for the update period and shuts down.

But every time the PC start, the service is not running, and i must start the service, start the app and login.

I installed with the only user on the system, that is an administrator one.

It's normal ?

There's a way to have the service autorun at startup ?

Thanks so much

Daniele

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors