Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rodjarman
Frequent Visitor

OLE DB or ODBC Error:[Datasource.Error] OLE DB: The connection returned error code -2147467259..

Using PBI desktop connecting to a cloud-based source using an ODBC connection.

Has been working fine until one of the views I'm refreshing has started returning the above error message.

I need a definitive "translation"of the error message.

I think it is an issue with the data, and need to be able to locate which data as well.

Suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing with the same issue! my query has arround 200.000 rows. anyone solved this issue? tks
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @rodjarman

This is probably coming from calculated columns or relationship can you go to Options > Data loading > And disable the one that detect new relations and the one that import relations from other sources ? 

Then try again

- Quentin

Thanks Quentin.

I've isolated the view into a separate desktop file. There are no relationships and no calculated columns.

Turned off the options you suggested. Attempted import. Still get the same error message. Smiley Frustrated

@rodjarman

So even when you try to import the view in a new PBI file it display this error ? 

Can you post a sample of your data so that I have an idea ? (If it's sensitive you can make them anonymous or not post it as you want)

- Quentin

So even when you try to import the view in a new PBI file it display this error ? 

> Yes that's correct.

Can you post a sample of your data so that I have an idea ? (If it's sensitive you can make them anonymous or not post it as you want)

> Is it practical ... as there is 102 columns.

That's why I was more after a translation of the error code. 

@rodjarman

Ok, it's going to be complicated for you to post the data here.

Can you copy or screenshot the full error message ? Because it's looks like the title of your topic has been cut or something (not sure)

- Quentin

Hi Quentin,

Here is a screenshot of the same issue I am facing.. Times out after around 4+ hours of downloading 35M+ rows (1GB of data perhaps) 

cs97009_0-1664228569221.png

My issue was resolved by using a higher timeout in PBI Query settings. Also I used native PBI Teradata drivers instead of ODBC to connect to Teradata.

cs97009_0-1666414764617.png

Did you find any additional information on this error message?  I started getting the same one with my report.  I have not changed anything to the Power BI file, but I am now unable to refresh it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors