Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lshuba

New server On-premise data gateway not visible

As a test, an on-premises gateway was generated from my workstation.  Going forward, a gateway created under a service account on a server will be used.    How does this new gateway become visible to my existing published datasets?  The sources have been created using the same names, the set-up and connection under the service account / manage gateways shows successful connections.    Does my local gateway need to be stopped in order to for it to be visible to me/others?  

Thank you  

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@lshuba,

What data sources do you have in the existing dataset? You would need to add all the data sources of the dataset within configured gateway in Power BI Service, and the connection strings of the data sources should match these connection strings you use in Power BI Desktop.

However, if you combine online data source and on-premises data source in a single dataset, please check my replies in the following similar thread about how to use on-premises gateway to refresh dataset.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/PowerBI-Enterprise-gateway-You-don-t-ha...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello

My datasources are 2 SQL server databases and 1 oracle database.  I have 10 or so reports which are using the test gateway successfully.   The new gateway has the exact same naming/connection string as the test gateway for the 3 sources.  When i choose any of the reports and navigate on the dataset to schedule refresh, only the test gateway is visible as an option. As I will soon be leaving the company, there is a need to change to the service account/server gateway instead.

Thank you in advance.

@lshuba,

Could you please post screenshot about data source settings in your PBIX file and the new gateway?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors