Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mike

New Tables from Azure SQL DB not Updating

Hello,

We are connecting to an Azure SQL database which appears to work properly.  Reports can be created based on the data within the dataset without any issues.  If we add a new table to the Azure SQL database it does not show up in the existing dataset.  Removing and re-adding the dataset allows us to see the new table, but that process deletes existing reports.  Any ideas on how to have new tables appear in an existing dataset from an Azure SQL DB?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

8 REPLIES 8
PBI98075

Was this issue ever fixed?  I am experiencing the same problem and cannot find any way to bring the new table to the existing dataset.  And as stated in other posts, if I delete the dataset and recreate it, deleting the dataset also deletes the associated reports.  I dont want to have to recreate all of my reports every time that I add a new table or view to the Azure database.

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

We also have this issue.

mhenning
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue. When I attempt to refresh the dataset to pull the added tables or views I get:

You cannot schedule refresh for this dataset because it gets data from sources that currently don’t support refresh. Learn Moreabout data sources that currently support refresh.

Having all the same issues. Cannot update the model without removing the dataset which would destroy all our work. What's the point of having a message on the dataset that says, "This dataset connects to a source with direct connect which is always up-to-date. You do not have to schedule a refresh on this dataset" when the model isn't ever up-to-date?

Can't refresh it either, it's not supported or something. "You cannot schedule refresh for this dataset because it does not contain data model connections. You cannot schedule refresh on worksheet connections or linked tables. To schedule refresh the data must be loaded into the data model." 

I can do it just fine in excel with power views, which is essentially the same thing here.

Is there a solution to this?

Just to add to this one, we have the same issue. It says live but is not...Then it also does not appear to have any means of refresh apart form deleting all the work.

Any advice Microsoft?

zibited999

We're facing the exact same problem. Anyone figure out a fix for this?

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

did you try going to the Datasets section, finding your data sets, clicking on the three dots next to the name and then selecting "Refresh Now" option?

jbocachica
Resolver II
Resolver II

Azure DB is not a Live connection like SSAS, if you change your schema, you must re-upload your excel file or PowerBI designer file, however, keep in mind that your reports are not connected to a source name, their are connected to a sourceid, so, every time that you upload a file, even if the file has the same name, they will be create a new sourceid.

regards

John Bocachica
Senior BI Consultant
Information Workers
http://www.iwco.co

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors