Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mariogonzalez

Moving Personal gateway between 2 computers and different account

Hi all,

I'm goint to tell you my problem:

For one hand I want to move all my PowerBI online jobs from one account (1st user) to another (2nd user). For another hand, I need to move  my old personal data gateway (that must be update until 31 of July) from and old computer (1st  pc) to a new one (2nd pc).

My curent situation is as follows:

All the data connection of my jobs performed in 1st user PowerBI online only work if old personal gateway installed on 1st pc is running (logged with 1st user)

Now I've installed the new personal data gateway in 2nd pc (logged with 2nd user), and all my jobs performed on 2nd user work. 

The problem is that I need both online users (1st user and 2nd user) could work with the new gateway (2nd pc logged with 2nd user).

Now, the 1st user only reach the old gateway even if it is disconnect and the new one connected.

The 2 computers are in a corporate network, and all communication are allowed (no fw rules working).

All the jobs were exported from 1st user to 2nd user.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mariogonzalez,

Do you want to use the 1st user account to sign in the 2nd computer and use the new personal gateway to refresh dataset in Power BI Service? If that is the case, it is not possible, the 1st user needs to install the new personal gateway by himself.

Another option is to install on-premises gateway instead of personal gateway. You can add different users on the Administrators tab for the registered on-premises gateway, this way, users can administer the gateway, add data sources within the gateway and use it to refresh datasets. For more details, please review this article.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mariogonzalez,

Do you want to use the 1st user account to sign in the 2nd computer and use the new personal gateway to refresh dataset in Power BI Service? If that is the case, it is not possible, the 1st user needs to install the new personal gateway by himself.

Another option is to install on-premises gateway instead of personal gateway. You can add different users on the Administrators tab for the registered on-premises gateway, this way, users can administer the gateway, add data sources within the gateway and use it to refresh datasets. For more details, please review this article.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks fo the explanation.

As I want to use both users with the same gateway, I just install on-premises gateway, and just configure the data connection, and now both users can reach the same gateway.

Thank you again.

regards

@mariogonzalez,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. Please mark my reply as answer, that way, other community members could easily find the solution when they get same issues.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors