Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pulkit
Resolver I
Resolver I

MicroStragety to Power BI

Hey,

Has anyone used the MicroStrategy connector for Power BI provided by Microstrategy Community? I am trying to fetch data using it and was able to eastablilsh the connection. But the problem is that although cubes are visible I was unable to pull the cubes into Power BI. The tab where preview is displayed shows error: Expression Error: (Results for this message cannot be retrieved from MicroStrategy Intelligence Server. This might be because execution has failed. Please contact your administrator.) 

Any idea what it could be or how do I solve it.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

@Pulkit Interesting, first thanks for bringing this up, I'd never heard of it. Most likely because it is Microstrategy that built this and not MSFT Power BI. Did you try the Microstrategy support, it seems they would have a better idea of why their connector is breaking. From my understanding, Microstrategy relies on a backend warehouse, in my experiance that was a SQL warehouse and that connection could be made independant of any plug in REST API call that they built here. (I know nothing about any interface or app front end to that though, which there might be).

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors