cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xlnerdy Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Long time "Evaluating..." for no apparent reason during data import. Can it be made fa

This hack worked like a charm, but I searched for this problem only after waiting for a couple of hours. Microsoft seriously needs to look into this issue. Sometimes it gets dead stuck on "Evaluating". 

zcholla Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Long time "Evaluating..." for no apparent reason during data import. Can it be made fa

Well its abeen about ayear since I created this post and I still have same issues. I doubt they are going to be fixing it soon....Smiley Sad

jdogcisco Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This just started happening to me after upgrading to their August 2018 release.  So **bleep** annoying.  

**edit**

I just downgraded to June 2018 release to get past this issue.

tyw214 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I just started having issue of this today with a couple reports that requires join tables within PBI.... these are actually mission critical reports... anybody have any idea if MS is aware of this probleM?

the refresh has been fine for the last couple months we've been using thsi...

xerxel Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The AUGUST release has killed performance for me. Going to try the July version and compare...

xerxel Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It's official. The refresh complets in the July release but never completes in the August release!!!

zoubaier Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Same behaviour. Where could we found old versions ? 

Is microsoft team aware about the issue ? 

DataMountain Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This issue appears to persist with the September 2018 release. I have to kill the refresh at least one time in order to pass the "Evaluating" phase.

seebert42 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Found a workaround:

1.  Go to Edit Queries

2.  Refresh Preview on every table.

3.  Close and Apply

4.  Refresh Data

7700 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

1+ for this, has it been logged as a bug?