Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JayKidd

Locating Power BI / Azure Data lake demo video

Hi,

Apologies if this is being asked in the wrong forum, am trying to locate a great video of Power BI and Azure Data Lake being used together to analyse NYC cab data (~1b records); it was presented just recently but I have lost the link and am having trouble relocating. I hope to show it to our stakeholders to initiate a discussion around technology selection.

Thanks,

Jay:)

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I found the blog article: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/machinelearning/2015/04/02/building-azure-ml-models-on-the-nyc-t...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks smoupre, it is the same topic, but was looking for a video (from 2017) demonstrating PowerBI and Azure Data Lake with a similar data set. In the Microsoft video, they were querying ~1b records but PowerBI was still lightning fast...

I thought I saw it during Data Amp 2017 (watched live), but it's sadly not included in the reply recordings, or my memory is failing me 😞

Hi @JayKidd,

To get data from Azure data lake to Power BI, we can utilize Azure Data Lake Store data source, you can take a look at this article: Analyze data in Data Lake Store by using Power BI.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun,

Thanks for the link, however, it's not quite what I was after. Am looking for a recent Microsoft recording demoing Power BI on top of Azure Data lake where they were able to drill down into a billion on records.

This link is on a similar topic, but is not the video I'm after...

https://www.r-bloggers.com/analyzing-1-1-billion-nyc-taxi-and-uber-trips-with-a-vengeance/

Thanks,

Jay 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors