Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

notrag
Regular Visitor

Loading csv from sharepoint online (Web Connection)

Trying to refresh a csv file from SharePoint Online which sits within the Power Bi workspace. The data source refreshed from Power BI Desktop (Web Source) works but not once published to the Power BI portal.

Data source in Power BI is using organisational credientials with the following URL (masked the tenant name):

https://tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/reporting/Shared%20Documents/50_iq_export.csv

Failed to update data source credentials: Hide details

Activity ID:b3d5c588-4520-46fb-af4f-18e6667b6ff8
Request ID:2741f133-3580-ede0-bc33-a1150da92ac7
Status code:400
Time:Mon Jul 24 2017 17:01:30 GMT+1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)
Version:13.0.1930.145
Cluster URI:https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I put in my same credientials which work in Power BI but not in the manage refresh page. Using OAuth2 credientials - any ideas why it fails in the portal?

What else can I try?

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @notrag,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please run the Fiddler with Https encrypt enabled and repeat the steps to edit credential for dataset, collect the trace and share .saz file with us.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How do I upload the Saz file ? the forum only allows images and videos in the rich text editor...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors