Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KBO
MVP

Intune Data Warehouse

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me to find a solution for my issue. I load the Data Warehouse into my Power BI Desktop to show me the data from Intune. In the first way the reports looks nice and helpfull but if you compare the data in your Intune with the data in Power BI it looks very different. For example the devices - in Intune I have 102 and the reports in PBI say over 200. So I've tried to grab the data with the OData-Feed direct but the are also a different number of devices also If I load the data as an CSV direct from Intune. So many different numbers from the same Data Warehouse can someone explaine how can this be? And how can I grab the correct numbers for my report?

Greetz Kathrin

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@KBO

How about you connect to Intune report PBIT file?

I suspect that OData feed , CSV file and Azure portal collect and display data based on different date range, I would recommend you post the question in  Microsoft Intune forum to get dedicated support about how Intune samples its data.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft Thanks for your answer :), but If I build the report I always creat a time slicer. And If I choose a date all data show different values. Maybe I try to get an aswer in the Intune forum, thanks for the advice.

Best regards,

Kathrin

The data warehouse also keeps the inactive records for devices.  If you filter your device reports based on the "isDeleted" field and exclude deleted items it should match the console.

Without this filter you're counting both the active and inactive/removed devices.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors