Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

djdragius
Frequent Visitor

Intermittent Issue refreshing SQL data - error occurred during the pre-login handshake

I have been refreshing data from our 2 SQL servers for months.  Recently, refreshes started to fail.  However, sometimes they still work after trying a few times.  It seems strange to me that it is happening on 2 different SQL servers.  I do not have SSL or any extra protection on the SQL servers that I am aware off I updated the on-prem gateway.  I have rebooted gateway server, sql servers. Here is the error -

Something went wrong

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Underlying error code-2147467259
Underlying error messageMicrosoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The wait operation timed out.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Class20
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKindSQL
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePathdtsvr\sqlhere;SAGECRM
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.MessageA connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The wait operation timed out.)
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Number258
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ReasonDataSource.Error
Cluster URIWABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID24eb825e-5109-9f67-dd54-b16a7203b8ff
Request ID6481724f-010c-7959-316d-5ecf20b82235
Time2017-07-06 16:09:23Z

Thoughts on why this could have just quit working (although sometimes it DOES work)?  

4 REPLIES 4
skocheta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello, Were you able to resolve this. We are also intermittantly facing the same issue

mehaksultana_20
Frequent Visitor

Hi Djdragius ,

Were you able to resolve this issue. I have encontered same error as of your. 

My report was perfectly fine intil this happened. 

So you help and guidence will be appreciated.

mehaksultana_20
Frequent Visitor

Hi Djdragius ,

were you able to resolve this issue. I have encontered same error as of your. 

My report was perfectly fine intil this happened. 

So you help and guidence will be appreciated.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@djdragius,

Based on my research, the error could be caused by several things, such as .Net Framework, antivirus software and so on. Please perform the following steps and check if the error still occurs.

1. Uninstall .Net Framework and re-install it.
2. Run the following command.
    netsh winsock reset
3. Check if any antivirus software runs on your machine.

There are some similar threads for your reference.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15393398/net-4-5-forms-app-connecting-to-sql-server-2012-fails-s...
https://serverfault.com/questions/423013/sql-an-error-occurred-during-the-pre-login-handshake

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors