Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Importing Data from Zendesk is very slow - common issue?

Hi, 

I've tried the built-in (beta) connector to zendesk, and give it our organization's URL in this format: 

https://OurCompany.zendesk.com

It's connects fine, but importing data is *slow*.  I'm accustomed to importing data from all over the place, but nothing has been remotely this bad.  

Anyone have any insight? 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
ltopchyi
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @mmace1 

You can try a paid solution as an alternatiuve way to fetch Zendesk data you need to Power BI with a higher speed - https://www.zendesk.com/marketplace/apps/support/834457/power-bi-connector-by-alpha-serve/ 

Liuba

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mmace1,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? How about you connect to the Zendesk PBIT file?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft 

I'm having the same issue when puuling data from Zendesk into Power BI.

I have selected just 2019 data and its spinning for more than 30 min now.

Any workable solution?

Thanks

Thanks. 

June 2018 Desktop. 

Using that file - it errors out due to many-to-many relationships.  But, if I ignore that & say just try to refresh the Tickets - it goes 20 minutes without conclusion (at which point I gave up). 

@mmace1,

The performance issue could be caused by large amount of data. Could you please reduce the amount of your data by filtering and check if the issue still occurs?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Things will definitly load - it's just the speed. 

E.g, pulling in: 

• Zendesk table with 20 rows - no problem. 
  • tickets table - I gave up before completion
  • 1 column of the tickets table - I gave up before completion
  • Top 100 entries of 1 column of the tickets table - no problem. 
  • Top 1000 entries of 1 column of the tickets table - starts feelig slow, but is workable. 

So it is the amount of data - but the workable amount of data is incredibly low, due to the incredibly slow speed.  

Has anyone had any further updates on the speed of Zendesk refreshes?

My Zendesk report is built using the Zendesk (beta) connector, and takes a ridiculously long time to refresh given the size of the data model (not too big).

You can see from my images below the refresh takes nearly 2hrs to complete and the number of rows in each of my tables.

Refresh timesRefresh timesData model and no. of rows per tableData model and no. of rows per table

mmace1
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I certainly haven't at least.  Our 'solution' was to just not pull Zendesk info into Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors