Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stephen001

Import CSV Files - Then Total Them

Hi,

I have One Drive Personal and 18 csv files from 18 different reports that I want to bring in and link to which I can do by creating 18 datasets in PowerBi. However how do I add them all together so I can get a total and then manipulate that data - can I do that in PowerBi please  - or do I need to do this manually by combining all the csv files myself, creating a new totals table and then importing that ?

Ideally, I want to have a totals dashboard that updates every hour from the individual reports coming in but am not sure how best to do this.

(Just a thought - I could link 18 Google Sheet files to 18 PowerBi datasets but again how do I combine these into one report for the totals please ?)

Many thanks for the help

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Stephen001,

I can't find any solutions to connect to OneDrive for personal folder in Power BI, but there are other two options for you.

1. Put all the CSV files in a local folder, then connect to the local folder using Folder connection in Power BI Desktop, you can combine all the data of the CSV files in a single table, and create report in Power BI Desktop. Then you can publish the report to Power BI Service, and set schedule refresh with gateway, this way, once you have any data changes in csv files, Power BI report will get updated based on refresh schedule.

2. Put all the CSV files in OneDrive for bussiness folder, then connect to the folder by entering the following URL in SharePoint Folder connector of Power BI Desktop. You can combine all the data of the CSV files in a single table, and create report in Power BI Desktop. Then you can upload the report to Power BI Service, and set schedule refresh without gateway.

https://mydomain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/user_mydomain_com

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Stephen001,

I can't find any solutions to connect to OneDrive for personal folder in Power BI, but there are other two options for you.

1. Put all the CSV files in a local folder, then connect to the local folder using Folder connection in Power BI Desktop, you can combine all the data of the CSV files in a single table, and create report in Power BI Desktop. Then you can publish the report to Power BI Service, and set schedule refresh with gateway, this way, once you have any data changes in csv files, Power BI report will get updated based on refresh schedule.

2. Put all the CSV files in OneDrive for bussiness folder, then connect to the folder by entering the following URL in SharePoint Folder connector of Power BI Desktop. You can combine all the data of the CSV files in a single table, and create report in Power BI Desktop. Then you can upload the report to Power BI Service, and set schedule refresh without gateway.

https://mydomain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/user_mydomain_com

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors