Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

IBM FileNet Integrated Document Management (IDM) - Is there a way to throw a query to it from PQ?

Hello,

I was just wondering if the underlying database of an IBM FileNet Integrated Document Management (IDM) could be 'queried' from Power BI. You can produce Excel Reports out of it, but even to produce those is a pain in that platform... it would be so good to be able to! No offense, for sure it's a sound and safe software, but the Power BI is so easy and straightforward at reporting that now every piece of software looks like ante-diluvian.

Thanks in advance

Javier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

Please firstly determine the specific source database system, then connect to the source in Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Which database system do you store the underlying database of IDM in? In Power BI Desktop, there are different database connectors such as SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2 and so on, for more details, please review the following article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-data-sources

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Lydia,

In fact, that's part of the problem. These files are safely stored -that's fine ;)- in our Servers in India, so I don't even know which is the underlying database scheme, filetypes, etc. This is under IT watch, again fine, but here start the problems for the 'query&error' exercise that I normally do for the many source types I need to fetch out there (especially websites, which I can easily throw 20 queries before I succeed! (if I eventually do...), That's why I would like to make sure that is possible to do so before even bothering chasing IT department to grant me access to the source, which normally takes time and thousand emails. In any case, for now, I'm working on the basis of a self-service BS (Business Smart ;).., so until I get my closest management on board the BI thing, if that happens at some point, I won't get support to get access to those servers.

So, summarizing, I didn't know that FN could have different underlying DB formats, so, for now, and until I get support from someone else, I will shelf this.

Many thanks for your help anyway,

Codaste

@Anonymous,

Please firstly determine the specific source database system, then connect to the source in Power BI.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Lydia,

As said, I don't know. So I shelf this for now

Best,

Javier

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors