Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DavidMoss
Advocate V
Advocate V

How to document all Get Data datasources in a .pbix & On premises gateway

Is there a quick way to extract all the datasources from a single .pbix file. Just i am documenting a report and need to quickly extract them all (20+) When i mean datasource i mean the connecting string.....which are like the first 3 lines in the advanced query editor.

Source = Sql.Databases("1n.n.0.nn"),
Reporting = Source{[Name="Reporting"]}[Data],
dbo_MonthlySales = Reporting{[Schema="dbo",Item="MonthlySales"]}[Data],

you know how there is DAX studio for extracting & working with the datamodel & measures ...is there something similar to extract all the Power Query/Get Data datasources ?

Also would help if we could extract all the datasourcesfor the "Manage GAteway".

That way i can run a quick check that all data sources are set correctly on the GAteway and checck them against the list oof data sources in the .pbix file...

Any suggestions out there plese ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DavidMoss
Advocate V
Advocate V

Awesome witha bit of searching on the forum and thanks to @ImkeF i found some answers for extracting the whole PBI advanced queries for the .pbix file. Thats saved loads of time.

See the discussion here

Tools now using are:

send a frown to extract PBI advances editor source code

sankey reports

dax studio

Still looking for a solution to extract OnPremises gateway settings if you know of one ????

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DavidMoss
Advocate V
Advocate V

Awesome witha bit of searching on the forum and thanks to @ImkeF i found some answers for extracting the whole PBI advanced queries for the .pbix file. Thats saved loads of time.

See the discussion here

Tools now using are:

send a frown to extract PBI advances editor source code

sankey reports

dax studio

Still looking for a solution to extract OnPremises gateway settings if you know of one ????

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors