Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

How to connect to Google Sheet via new Sheet API - Blog post

In case you are interested, here's my latest blog post on pulling data from Google Sheet using the Sheet API. https://tumbleroad.com/2016/07/07/free-marquee-google-sheets-template/

7 REPLIES 7
dpc_development
Helper III
Helper III

@trebgatte I am looking for a way to connect Power BI to Google Sheets using APIs. Can you please share a working link of your tutorial?

Gangula
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is this method still working?
The link provided by @trebgatte is not active.
Can someone reply on how to do this?

Thank you.
googlogmob
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same problem - I have API Keys and spreadsheetID and try to use trebgatte's file, but got 403 Error  "Permossion denied"

Can help?

Alvey
Frequent Visitor

This would be awesome to have. Although, I am having some difficulty getting things to work.

When following this methodology I am receiving a "Key" and "Column Heading" column with none of my sheets data. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to resolve.

All the best,
Alvey 

wallace13
Advocate II
Advocate II

Do you know if it is possible to use the Google API credential in the same way to enable access to a published Google Sheet (such as published as a .xlsx).  Since you created the tutorial I think they changed the API set up structure so now you cannot select "browser key" this may or may not be why I've been unable to make this work.

I've only been able to get data from unprotected published google sheets so far, so a way to reach protected sheets with a credential would be great improvement. 

I had tested against a private Google sheet so it should work. I'll have to look at this again over the weekend.

Treb Gatte | Business Solutions MVP/Power BI Partner | Power BI Recordings | @tgatte | Blog 

When using my own spreadsheet and API key  (set up using the instructions on your site), I get a "PERMISSION_DENIED" result when accessing the link.  I think this is why my data is failing.

However, using your link (the commented out link in the Power BI script) your data and API key are loading the data correctly.

Are there any other settings you made when setting up the API key?  That is probably why mine isn't working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors