Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

manisharora
Regular Visitor

How to connect Power BI with SAP ECC system

Hi Team,

I have requirement to pull data from SAP ECC system. Please guide me how i can integrate SAP ECC system with Power BI.

And if you have any document/URL where all connectivity steps is defined. please share with me.

Thanks in advance

Manish Arora | BI consultant

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was trying to connect to SAP ECC through power bi desktop, but i couldnt find the option to connect to sap ecc,

can any one tell me the steps on how to integrate to SAP ECC.

JuliaYebra
Helper III
Helper III

As long as I Know you can't get dat from SAP ECC.

You must have SAP HANA in order to get data from SAP or use the preview feature SAP Business Warehouse connector.

Thanks Julia..But we need to integrate with SAP-ECC..

Best Regards

Manish Arora

You can connect directly to SAP Database on SQL Server or Oracle, whatever, we used this with Qlikview and it also works good with Power BI, you just need to have a good knowledge about SAP Database structure

That would be perfect!

Did you have burocratic problems to get access to the database?

I imagine that in our company it would be a big challenge to convince security department because all the compliance restrictions, but others success experiencies will help us!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors