Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnthonyB
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to add additional Salesforce Reports to an existing dataset based on Salesforce Reports

I have successfully created a dataset from multiple Salesforce Reports, and then created a report and Dashboard from the dataset.

I now have some new Salesforce reports that I would like to add to this dataset to include in the existing report and dashboard.

I can't see any way to add additional Salesforce reports to a dataset? Am I missing something or is it simply not possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AnthonyB,

In Power BI Service, it is  not possible to add additional salesforce reports to an exsiting dataset, I am afraid that you would need to create the dataset again.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@AnthonyB,

Do you directly connect to Salesforce report in Power BI Service or in Power BI Desktop? In Power BI Desktop, you are able to connect to multiple data sources in same PBIX file, just click "Get Data->More->Salesforce report" to add additional tables you want.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm forced to use Power BI service (web) as I can't use Power BI Desktop due to the other issue I posted (only returning first 10,000 rows/reports, I have almost 20,000 reports, can't rename my reports, etc.)

@AnthonyB,

In Power BI Service, it is  not possible to add additional salesforce reports to an exsiting dataset, I am afraid that you would need to create the dataset again.

Regards,
Lydia

Thanks for confirming that Lydia.

Disappointing that it requires creating a complete new dataset and there is no capability to add a new Salesforce report to an existing dataset. Hope that is something that can be considered as a feature in a future release as it really renders Power BI as a very limited solution for me to use with Salesforce.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors