Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gregs138
Helper I
Helper I

Hi two questions on Analysis Tabular Connection

1. When I change the underlying tabular model in SSAS, what can i do to get Power BI to recognize the changes?   When I click refresh it says I don't need it, and if I try to connect to the tabular model again, it simply creates a second instance of the model in poewr BI.

2. Are you planning on supporting hierarchies from tabular model?  Currently I have no visibility on my drilldown hierarchies from my tabular model.

TY

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Your changes to the AS models should get recognized automatically.  You may have to manually refresh the page to make sure that nothing is being cached but if you add a new measure to your model it will show up in the dataset automatically.

There were a lot of posts on hierarchies and drilldowns on this board and the official answer from Microsoft is that it's being worked on right now, but there is no ETA at this point.

View solution in original post

TY much.  I can live wo the Hierachies for the moment, with these smaller "widget" type controls, you can simulat drill down by jumping from dash board to report.  it is not a deal killer in this environment.

The automatic model refresh it seems to be on a timer or something.  Page refresh doesn't force it, nor does logging out and back in.  Not sure what triggers it.

I can confirm though that it does eventually update, so thanks for pointing that out.  It's not too big of a deal, but when you are bulding a new model and doing quick back and forth testing it makes it a little cumbersome.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Your changes to the AS models should get recognized automatically.  You may have to manually refresh the page to make sure that nothing is being cached but if you add a new measure to your model it will show up in the dataset automatically.

There were a lot of posts on hierarchies and drilldowns on this board and the official answer from Microsoft is that it's being worked on right now, but there is no ETA at this point.

TY much.  I can live wo the Hierachies for the moment, with these smaller "widget" type controls, you can simulat drill down by jumping from dash board to report.  it is not a deal killer in this environment.

The automatic model refresh it seems to be on a timer or something.  Page refresh doesn't force it, nor does logging out and back in.  Not sure what triggers it.

I can confirm though that it does eventually update, so thanks for pointing that out.  It's not too big of a deal, but when you are bulding a new model and doing quick back and forth testing it makes it a little cumbersome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors