Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SharonHMA
Helper I
Helper I

Help with We Reach the end of the buffer message

Hello all,

I am trying to load a link to a json report via Web data connection.  This is the second report from this source.  My first report loads & refreshes fine. When I try to load the second report I get the message Unable to connect "We reached the end of the buffer."

I'm not techie but I tried:

- waiting a day based on one post in the community

- removing & reinstalling newest desktop PowerBI

- adding a timeout per another post

- as a final straw I created a separate pbix file with nothing else in it & tried to load only this source - same error

So is this because I have two numbered jSON reports from the same source?  Any other suggestions?  

4 REPLIES 4
helassal
Resolver II
Resolver II

@SharonHMA ,

I happened to face the same issue but with the json connector. The issue went away when I changed the "file origin" property to "unicode" instead of "None". It seems Json connector picks "None" file origin by default which doesn't work for all Json documents.

For the web based json document like this case, I used the web connector and found out that it actually uses the json connector in the background when it detects that the incoming data is formatted in json, so I would say that it is highly probable that this is the issue in this case.

The "file origin" property can be changed by double clicking on the source or from the advanced editor.

Hope this helps anyone.

JsonEndOfBuffer.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  I have been searching everywhere and changing it to unicode was the answer for me!

I was able to import DataModelSchema from the .pbit file with this so I could get an export of relationships and measures.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@SharonHMA ,

Do you use 64 bit or 32 bit Power BI Desktop?

Generally, the issue is related to memory, do you have enough memory available for Power BI Desktop? How many rows and columns in your JSON file? Please add Table.Buffer function in your M code as suggested in this similar thread and check if the error goes away.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors