Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone successfully connected to SAP BW using Kerberos SSO?

I am trying to follow the guide on how to set up an SSO  gateway connection using Kerberos to our SAP BW data source:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/power-bi/service-gateway-sso-kerberos#supported-data-sources

I simply can't wrap my head around all the different steps required and how to complete them.

So has anyone succeeded in actually setting up SSO using this guide?

If yes, does the setup then allow for the viewer of the report to be authenticated by SAP BW?

If you can point to any further resources on how to complete the setup that would be much obliged as well!

4 REPLIES 4
fatsdejesus

Hi,

Has anymore encountered missing kerberos from SNC Library list.  Some of our users can see while others don't.  If you have some information on how this will be available

fatsdejesus_0-1616044249451.png

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

What error message do you get? With SSO configured, the user’s data access permissions in SAP will apply, which may produce different results for different users in Power BI Report. Just as your post, it allows for the viewer of the report to be authenticated by SAP BW.

In addition, you can follow the guide in this whitepaper to set up an SSO  gateway connection using Kerberos. Please note that Power BI service currently does not support the use of CommonCryptoLib (i.e. sapcrypto.dll) as a SNC library when configuring a SSO connection, only gsskrb5 is supported. 

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went through the whitepaper and it doesn't help me with the setup.

So I will have to wait for the guide to be updated or for a video to get released.

I'm hopeful since it looks like this is in high demand right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will see if the whitepaper provides more clarity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors