Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

anne
Regular Visitor

Handing data over to R: capacity limitations?

Hi there,

I am facing an issue with R integration: Is there a limit to the number of rows that I can feed into R? I want to run an analysis over a very long table and it seems that half of the data is not imported into R. Is that possible?

Regards,

a

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @anne,

Currently, R visuals in Power BI Desktop has a few limitations:

• Data size limitations – data used by the R visual for plotting is limited to 150,000 rows. If more than 150,000 rows are selected, only the top 150,000 rows are used and a message is displayed on the image.

For more details about these limitations, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
zebing2
Advocate I
Advocate I

This doesn't answer the question here. The question asked was:

"Is there a limit to the number of rows that I can feed into R?"

But the response is how many rows an R visual can plot. These are NOT the same thing.

Is the limit the number of rows I can feed into R, or the number of rows I can plot? If I bring in 500k rows, summarize them in R, and then try to plot less than 150k rows, will I hit a limit? 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @anne,

Currently, R visuals in Power BI Desktop has a few limitations:

• Data size limitations – data used by the R visual for plotting is limited to 150,000 rows. If more than 150,000 rows are selected, only the top 150,000 rows are used and a message is displayed on the image.

For more details about these limitations, you can refer to this article.Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for the hint!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors