Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Analytics - Difference between data

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a dashboard with Google Analytics data and I know about the data sampling algorithm.

But is there such a difference between the data of two similar queries launched at the same time with the only difference that I added the "hour" field to one of them?
Is there any kind of solution?

Thanks!

Captura.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Where do you create the report, in Power BI desktop or Power BI service? 

Which "similar queries" do you mean, can you show details? When you say add "hour" field to one of them, can you show how do you perform this? 

Makes sure there is no any filter on these two table visuals. 

As you are get data from the Google Analytics, have you call the Google Analytics API with the same dimensions and metrics to check if the issue related to API? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I will try to answer all your questions.
My report is in Power BI desktop. I show you the two queries:

Query1:

let
    Origen = GoogleAnalytics.Accounts(),
    #"123456789" = Origen{[Id="123456789"]}[Data],
    #"UA-123456789-1" = #"123456789"{[Id="UA-123456789-1"]}[Data],
    #"123456789" = #"UA-123456789-1"{[Id="123456789"]}[Data],
    #"Elementos agregados" = Cube.Transform(#"123456789", {{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:date", {"ga:date"}, {"Date"}}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:day", {"ga:day"}, {"Day of the month"}}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:dayOfWeek", {"ga:dayOfWeek"}, {"Day of Week"}}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:month", {"ga:month"}, {"Month of the year"}},{Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "New Users", "ga:newUsers"}, {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Users", "ga:users"}}),
    #"Tipo cambiado" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Elementos agregados",{{"Day of the month", Int64.Type}, {"Day of Week", Int64.Type}, {"Month of the year", Int64.Type}, {"New Users", Int64.Type}, {"Users", Int64.Type}, {"Date", type date}})
in
    #"Tipo cambiado"

Query2:

let
    Origen = GoogleAnalytics.Accounts(),
    #"123456789" = Origen{[Id="123456789"]}[Data],
    #"UA-123456789-1" = #"123456789"{[Id="UA-123456789-1"]}[Data],
    #"123456789" = #"UA-123456789-1"{[Id="123456789"]}[Data],
    #"Elementos agregados" = Cube.Transform(#"123456789", {{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:date", {"ga:date"}, {"Date"}}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:day", {"ga:day"}, {"Day of the month"}}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:dayOfWeek", {"ga:dayOfWeek"}, {"Day of Week"}}, {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:month", {"ga:month"}, {"Month of the year"}},{Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:hour", {"ga:hour"}, {"Hour"}},{Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "New Users", "ga:newUsers"}, {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Users", "ga:users"}}),
    #"Tipo cambiado" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Elementos agregados",{{"Day of the month", Int64.Type}, {"Day of Week", Int64.Type}, {"Month of the year", Int64.Type}, {"New Users", Int64.Type}, {"Users", Int64.Type}, {"Date", type date}})
in
    #"Tipo cambiado"

As you can see, the only difference is that I have added the field "hour" to the second query.
There isn't any filter on the table.

I hope to have answered all your questions.
Thanks for the answer!

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you get the same data from these two queries in Query Editor? 

Would you please share the PBIX file with us if possible? You can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox and share the link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I don't have the same data in Query Editor.
That's my question, in two similar queries that the difference is a field that the only thing It should do is to disaggregate the same information into more registers, how is it possible that such a difference exists?

Sorry I can't share the PBIX.

Regards.

Hi @Anonymous,

As the Google Analytics connector rely on Google Analytics Core Reporting API, the issue should be related to the API. I would suggest you post a new thread in Stack Overflow as suggested here

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors