Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AJ40

Get data from web URL is getting only 100 records

Get data from web URL is not downloading all data . It only shows 100 records in the table no matter how many records are dispalyed on the webpage. Same is not the case if i download CSV from the web page..

Is there a particular web setting in power Bi or syntax which allows downloading ALL data from a web URL

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @AJ40,

Could you please post screenshots about your scenario? We need to know how you get data from web URL.

Do you use the “Publish to Web” feature and export data from there ? If that is the case, based on my test, we are not able to export data from Publish to web URL currently, however, the data displaying in the web URL exactly match that data in Power BI Service.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Same issue here. My custom web API returns more than 100 records in JSON format, but it always shows only 100 rows both on Power BI desktop and Power BI service.

Hi the  page i am refferrring to is

http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/%5EGSPC/history?period1=-630954000&period2=1487401200&interval=1d&fil...

am trying to load the historical data into power BI

Data download in CSV - 16893 records

Data in powerbi - 100 records

Hi @AJ40,

I can reproduce your issue, I suspect that the URL only returns sample records. Please use the URL described in this blog to connect to your data source.

Thanks,

Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jj14x
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is the web page perhaps paginating the table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors