Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aquaponicsguy
Regular Visitor

Gateway Data Source Error from Excel (PLX-DAQ)

Hello. I am attempting to log my greenhouse values to Power BI to better keep track of the values and to use the data-driven alerts for Power BI on Microsoft Flow. I am doing this by uploading my Arduino sensor values to the PLX-DAQ extension of Excel 2016. My issue is with using this spreadsheet as a gateway data source. My gateway is set up fine but the data source is coming up with an error screen that I will post here. Any help would be appreciated because I presume I cannot set up automatic refreshes without setting this dataset to the gateway. Thanks for everything!

Capture.PNG

Also, PLX-DAQ-v2.11.xlsm IS where the savefile is not just the program.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@aquaponicsguy,

Could you please click "show details" in the above screenshot to expand the error messages?

In your scenario, please check your user account in the Settings of your computer,  ensure that you enter correct user account(domain\user in my scenario) as username when adding Excel data data source. There is a similar thread for your reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Scheduled-refresh-for-excel-file-with-o...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there back from vacation and super excited to get this working. Here are my error messages and thank you all again for helping out. I honestly hope this helps people in the future with this issue too who are trying to get IoT systems going 🙂

data sourcedata source

gateway clustergateway cluster

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

To have my reports access excel files, I put them in one drive, essentially in a sharepoint documents folder, and followed the procedures documented below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links 

Good luck

Hi there thanks for the quick response. The issue I have with onedrive is that my excel file has new data logging and needs constant updating. I can't seem to automatically update onedrive via sync from excel without manually saving excel (autosave doesn't seem to work) and manually refreshing onedrive. I know that power BI has streaming data reports and can log incoming data but the error above persists. Have you ever used onedrive with excel in a way that you can use automatically inflowing data? I of course am open to any option to get my information onto power bi if I cannot sort out this data source issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors