Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eromanov

Filemaker Server ODBC issues

Has anyone managed to successfully import data from Filemaker Server via ODBC yet? I have spent hours trying to set it up today, and all I keep getting is a very useless error message, telling me that there is an error but no description of error has been provided!

I can get data out of the database via Excel, architectures of Power BI, ODBC drivers and Filemaker all match... but it just doesn't want to work!

8 REPLIES 8
Revathi223

Hello!!

Did anyone succeeded importing the data in to Power BI using FileMaker ODBC  connection?

Thank you,

Revathi

Hi Revathi,

Have you tried using the latest version (the one that released on 7/1)? What kind of error did you get?

Thanks

This looks to be a dated, but active thread. I'm interested in a solution to this issue as we have an extensive FileMaker solution built. Connecting PBI directly to those tables would be a huge time saver. 

I'm new to Power BI. How can I determine the version I'm using? Are there any specific instructions on setting up a Power Bi to Filemaker connection?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I am successful connecting Microsoft BI to a Filemaker database via ODBC. This file is hosted on a Filemaker Server 16 (Windows)

Microsoft Power BI Desktop version: 2.50.4859.502 64-bit (September 2017)

Filemaker Server 16 version: 16.0.1.184

Data refreshes as expected.

greg_davis

Same issue here. Are there any updates on this?

Hi,

Can you use the "Send a Frown" feature to send us an email and include trace files produced when reproducing the error?

ODBC drivers are often crafted in a way to comply with exactly how Excel uses ODBC instead of the actual ODBC specification. For various reasons, Power Query / Power BI do things slightly differently.It is very likely that we can look at the details of where the error is happening from the traces and fix the issue in an upcoming release.

Thanks!

Tristan St-Cyr

badr_khamlichi

Hi,

I have the same problem, the ODBC driver is working because i can get the Data from FileMaker Database using MS Query on Excel; but i can't do it with Power BI or Power Query.

it's unfortunate !   Smiley Sad

On Power BI no message error, but on Power Query i have : « Invalid handle. »

If some one can help us !

I'm experiencing the same issue...

In PowerBI I receive an "Invalid handle" error.

Smiley Frustrated

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors