Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alatema
Frequent Visitor

File contains corrupted data - September release

Hey there,

Until August release I have been able to refresh Excel Workbooks in Power BI Desktop without a problem. With August and September release, an error occurs saying that the "file contains corrupted data" when I try to refresh.

I uninstall latest version and reinstal June version. Everything goes well and I can refresh all the data.

Anyone experiencing same issue with latest releases? Any suggestion?

Many thanks in advance 😉

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you identified what data is causing the error or is it the file itself?

One thing to attempt. grab all of the data out from the Excel file and paste as values into a brand new workbook.  Check to see if the error persists.

Thanks for the reply Ross, but it happens with all Excel files. Even when I create a new and very simple one, the error message is still there and I cannot refresh the data 😞 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been consistantly using Excel files with all of the releases without issue.  There must be some extra detail that is not being communicated.  Are you using files in the XLSX format?

Yes, XLSX format. Not extra detail, I create a very simple XLSX file and still not able to refresh 😕

Hey! Any hint over there? 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing comes to mind at the moment.  Its a strange issue to be sure.  I'd be curious if the October release (when it arrives) has any affect on your problem.  Its certainly not an issue thats happening for me when i use the latest version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors