Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anilp
Helper I
Helper I

Excel & Teradata Combined in Power BI Report refresh

Hi All,

We have a requirement ,

Data is coming from Teradata & Excel ( Excel data is added as Import Data from Web)

User created a report using both. The Data in Excel gets updated may be once a Month ( don't have exact time / freq)

Now I have to schedule refresh this report .

I Can connect to TD using ODBC and do a refresh schedule no issues.

Import data from WEB ? How do I refresh this ... ? NO CLUE ( currently my personal Gateway is also not working for some reason).

Please suggest me the alternative route / steps to make this work .

Thanks,

Anil

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@anilp

What web service do you store the Excel file in? And what authentication do you use to connect to Excel file in Power BI Desktop?

In your scenario, if you combine online data source and on-premises data source in a single dataset, you can use on-premises(personal mode) to refresh the dataset. What error message do you get when using the gateway? Do you install  the latest version of on-premises gateway(personal mode)?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft,

My excel is stored on Sharepoint ,  Since its stored on Sharepoint I'm connecting it though Sharepoint Online list & 0Auth2 Authentication.

Lydia,

I installed the on premises gateway and tried to refresh but it's saying some authentication problem , even though my authentication is working on desktop. 

I raised a ticket to Microsoft and they mentioned there is some issue with the sharepoint refresh and they are in process of fixing it.

And they told me they will be installing new patch on Cloud next week ( hopefully it works)

Thanks,

Anil

@anilp,

If you still get error message when you set schedule refresh next week, please post the full error message.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Still waiting for MSoft to provide update :), will update the post once I have update

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors