Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cmcreynolds
Helper I
Helper I

Excel Workbook refresh Setup

Okay, maybe I'm approaching this all wrong, conceptually, but nothing I've done works - so please help clarify what I want/need is setup correctly.

• I want coworkers to see pivot tables dynamically (refreshed a couple times a day, but at least daily) in my Excel workbook. I don't need charts/dashboards (yet?) - just summarized pivot tables.
  • I pull data using PowerQuery from Salesforce and in-house tables on OneDrive and Sharepoint; I then manipulate it in the DataModel and display a PowerPivot table.
  • I have shared these workbooks both on Sharepoint and OneDrive with coworkers.

I have PowerBI Gateway and I've tried scheduling refreshes for these - both as reports and datasets, BUT no data is "new" in the workbooks (when there isn't an error). I have to go into the workbooks and manually refresh. I just want my coworkers to have new data without me having to manually refresh.

Have I structured something wrong? Am I trying to make PowerBI do something it wasn't intended?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

24 REPLIES 24

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors