Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xersez23

Estabilish connection with Databricks

I need to estabilish a connection between Databricks platform and Power BI Desktop. The Spark connector requests the address of the Spark cluster server. The cluster I am running is created inside Databricks itself and I have no clue how to explicitly specify the server address.

Note that I am using Databricks Community Edition

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@xersez23,

Please contact databricks support about how  to determine the address of the spark cluster server, then use Spark connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to your data source.

And Power BI Desktop gives you an example.

http://example.com:10000/cliservice

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
xersez23

I need to import a csv from my databricks dbfs to Power BI Desktop. I am using the ODBC connector on Power BI and have done the Simba ODBC driver configurations on my desktop. The driver is unable to estabilish a connection and returns the following error:

[Simba][Hardy] (34) Error from server: Bad Status: HTTP/1.1 303 See Other.

All the driver configurations are correct according to the specifications given in the Databricks docs. I cant figure out what is the issue.

Alternatively, is there any other way to import data from Databricks dbfs to Power BI?

The easyest way is using this driver (ODBC and 64-bits) go.helpbi.com/dbf

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors