Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jickes
Helper I
Helper I

Error: Value Encoding failure - Data ID range is too large.

Receiving this error when refreshing a dataset. The query worked just prior to this, but for a smaller amount of order history. I'm not sure what this error means? Any help translating would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jickes,

In my opinion, the error indicates there is something wrong with the underlying data. In your scenario, which dataset did you use do connect to? Can you apply a filter to retrieve less data? If you have original .PBIX file, please refresh it in Power BI desktop to see if the same issue occurs. Also open Query Editor to check if any error displays.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This is in PowerBI Desktop. The dataset is 4 SQL queries from seperate systems that get combined using Table.Combine() to make my source. The query successfully refreshes if I limit each query to less data, and the queries work if i run each 1 of the 4 seperately without limiting them. I can successfully refresh the query in preview mode with no limit on the queries and using all 4 with Table.Combine(), if I select "Keep Errors" no rows are returned. But when I click Close & Apply, the query runs for a while, then I receive the error. 

Hi @jickes did you resolve the issue?

And @v-qiuyu-msft you didn't reply anymore when Jickes explained a bit more about his issue.

Johan

jickes
Helper I
Helper I

I'm receiving this error when trying to refresh a report. I'm not sure what it means?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors