Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Franna

Enterprise Gateway

Hi Guys,

Do any of you know when the Enterprise Gateway will be released?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
waltheed
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

Yesterday Microsoft released the Power BI Enterprise Gateway (preview).

More info to be found at this link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise/

Cheers,

Edgar Walther

ITsmart

Cheers, Edgar Walther
ITsmart BI and Analytics consultant

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Johnnyg
Frequent Visitor

I have a Dataset that consist of OnPremises tables and Azure marketplace data table that I built for my report, and I want to have the dataset (from onPremises) Refreshed.

When I go to my BI service to Schedule Refresh, The Data Gateway is not presented.  

I tested a scenario of data set that I built prior to adding Azure data to the dataset (data from only onPremises datasources), and the Gateway was presented to configure for my dataset.

How do I:

Keep separation in the data set (between onpremises and not-onpremises data)?     ...such that the Gateway will refresh the onPremises data.

My queries will reach the rest of the data (Azure) - so, I understand.

OR

Does the Data Gateway (Enterprise) have the capability to take a dataset that is mixture of onpremises and not on premises data? 

OR

Am I missing something very obvious?

Help me mister BI wizard!!!

waltheed
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

Yesterday Microsoft released the Power BI Enterprise Gateway (preview).

More info to be found at this link:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-enterprise/

Cheers,

Edgar Walther

ITsmart

Cheers, Edgar Walther
ITsmart BI and Analytics consultant

Can someone point me to documentation on how data is encrypted in flight and in the powerbi.com cache when using direct query to an on prem SQL Server database?

@richjohn0323 I have not heard that it would behave in any way different to how it is currently explained in the security documentation. Download the Security white paper, link found here - it addresses what data is stored for Direct Query.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

In a webinar I attended, they mentioned the enterprise gateway. When I asked directly in that webinar I was told they had no further information at that time (3 weeks ago). I asked again in another webinar and was told it was in development and might be out in january if not before. No clear answer but would love to hear that someone else has a better answer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Looks like the wait is over! http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/12/02/announcing-preview-of-power-bi-gateway-for-enterp...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

It's under NDA right now so no details can be shared by participants. GA early next year is likely.

Good to read this. I was under he assumption that the gateway could allready be installed as a service 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors