Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asaemart
Frequent Visitor

Enterprise Data Gateway

Currently we do not have the Enterprise Data Gateway installed in our pc, so we have some doubts regarding its implementation:

• If our report is using the Enterprise Data Gateway, could we share that report with “free license” users by using both the Import and the Direct Query option?
4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asaemart,

If the shared reports have Pro content, anyone access the report requires Pro license. See: Power BI Pro content - what is it?.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@asaemart No, usage of any gateway to refresh the data is a Pro feature. This includes all connection types.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer

Currently we are sharing some dashboards with "free license users". We refresh the data by using the "Power BI - Personal" gateway. Moreover, we do not use the "Schedule Refresh" option but the "Refresh now" option, and the "free license users" can see the refreshed dashboard without problems at all.

Does this scenario exist by using the Enterprise data gateway?

Regards,

@asaemart Can't say for sure. The documentation states that the use of either gateway requires a Pro license. The fact that it works without a scheduled refresh is either intentional or a bug. I believe the OPD Gateway would prompt you for a Pro license on install... DQ for sure won't work, but you could try to manually refresh through it. From my perspective it "shouldn't" work, but it might.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors