Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaveCope
Frequent Visitor

Embedding Power BI in D365 Finance & Operations

Hi

I need to develop and embed a report into D365 F&O and am after some advice please on how to achieve this. From my understanding what I need to do roughly is the following - does this seem correct?

1. Use OData to connect to the D365 instance and all the custom entities that have been created
  2. Create report in Power BI Desktop
  3. Publish report to online service
  4. Create Power BI enabled workspace in D365
  5. Link the two to embed new report within D365

With this achieved will:

• users will then be able to slice and filter the report in the usual ways?
  • I be able to embed the report in such a way that it auto filters to a specific part of the data when it opens e.g. embed within a project so that whenever the rpeort is opened it only shows data for that project?
  • add D365 fields around my workspace so that the report becomes part of an interactive workspace where users can enter narrative next to the report (based on its findings) and save these actions / comments back to D365

Would love any advice on this as I am jumping in for the first time and can't seem to find anything online that detials how to achieve these kind of things from end-to-end

Cheers

Dave

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@DaveCope,

How do you embed the report to D365 Fincance & Operations? Do you use Power BI embed?

If you embed Power BI report to D365 Fincance & Operations, users are able to slice and filter the report in the usual ways. But if you embed Power BI dashboard to D365 Fincance & Operations, please make sure you pin live page to dashboard. This way, users are able to slicer the report.

About your second requirement, you can set default slicer selection in your report to filter it to show specific data.

About your third requirment, I am not very clear, could you please elaborate it?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors