Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics NAV 2018 on premise - Powerbi Reports Slicing dynamics Reaction ,with record selection

Hi all,

I have embedded the report i Created in power bi with odat url for MS Dynamics Nav 2018,(For customers)

After Embedding in Factbox , if iClick any record related to Customers , the power bi reports is not not Dynamically slicing , ? Please help me to Do that.

as it  is a requirement in my Company( Please URgent)

@Baskar @GilbertQ @Anonymous please You too reply  ,if you Can help me on this.

Thanks,

Valliappan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I found the solution you need to set the primary key while designing reports for nav.

Please have a look at below url

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/across-how-use-powerbi-reports-factbox...

Thanks ,

Valliappan

Proud to be a datanut!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

How did you embed the report into Factbox?

Did you use the embedding application for Power BI?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Yeah i used app registraion in Azure . After then when all authentication setup in Nav , the Power bi report are . It asked to enable the reports , so i just enabled my reports. But as per Nav 2018 update, when i Click any record in List , it should dynamically react in power bi reports too, That is what i did'nt get? 

And i have another doubt also , while selecting reports in nav , i can only view reports in my workspace. The reports which i created in other new workspace are not showing in the list to enable in nav?

as i have two doubts please help to Solve these , as these are very essential for my work,as of now.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ ??please respond. what shall i do 

Hi there,

I haven't done a lot of work in NAV but it would indicate to me that there is a permissions issue with NAV accessing other app Workspaces

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I found the solution you need to set the primary key while designing reports for nav.

Please have a look at below url

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/across-how-use-powerbi-reports-factbox...

Thanks ,

Valliappan

Proud to be a datanut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors