Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamics NAV 2018 on premise - Powerbi Reports Slicing dynamics Reaction ,with record selection

Hi all,

I have embedded the report i Created in power bi with odat url for MS Dynamics Nav 2018,(For customers)

After Embedding in Factbox , if iClick any record related to Customers , the power bi reports is not not Dynamically slicing , ? Please help me to Do that.

as it  is a requirement in my Company( Please URgent)

@Baskar @GilbertQ @Anonymous please You too reply  ,if you Can help me on this.

Thanks,

Valliappan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I found the solution you need to set the primary key while designing reports for nav.

Please have a look at below url

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/across-how-use-powerbi-reports-factbox...

Thanks ,

Valliappan

Proud to be a datanut!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

How did you embed the report into Factbox?

Did you use the embedding application for Power BI?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Yeah i used app registraion in Azure . After then when all authentication setup in Nav , the Power bi report are . It asked to enable the reports , so i just enabled my reports. But as per Nav 2018 update, when i Click any record in List , it should dynamically react in power bi reports too, That is what i did'nt get? 

And i have another doubt also , while selecting reports in nav , i can only view reports in my workspace. The reports which i created in other new workspace are not showing in the list to enable in nav?

as i have two doubts please help to Solve these , as these are very essential for my work,as of now.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ ??please respond. what shall i do 

Hi there,

I haven't done a lot of work in NAV but it would indicate to me that there is a permissions issue with NAV accessing other app Workspaces

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

I found the solution you need to set the primary key while designing reports for nav.

Please have a look at below url

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/across-how-use-powerbi-reports-factbox...

Thanks ,

Valliappan

Proud to be a datanut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors