cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pcowman Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Dynamics 365 OData error with Power BI desktop

Several customers had their appsource start working last week. Definitely a backend problem. 

kdiggitydawg Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

9.0 and 8.2 within your URL source with both work now too

tpmeredith Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

9.0.2.751 also began enforcing 10+ calculated field query limits in powerbi (some other apps have had this limitation for a while now).

We kept having intermittent issues with powerbi the last few months so we made the move to azure sql data export service. Not too hard to do (Have to change your reports a bit or a lot depending on the report/datasets). Azure sql refreshes incredibly faster and offloads the resources from dynamics if you have a lot of powerbi reports/queries like we did. 

mudassarhassan Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have updated Dynamics CRM to Version 1710 (9.0.2.1087) and using V9.0 Odata end point.

https://xxx.api.crm.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0/

I am unable to use my existing tables in the connections to fetch data, it gives error 

"Column name not foung in table"

Also while estabishing new connections getting metadata error and error related to more than 10 custom columns in the entity. I have tried using the old endpoint v8.2 but still getting same errors.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My organisation updated to V9.0 (9.0.2.1087)  over the weekend, in order to get my reports working again I tried simply editing the "v8.2" to 9.0 in the URL.

This didn't work despite the URL being as detailed from the Developer Resources page:

To confirm the correct source required, I chose to create a new query using the Dynamics 365 Connector.

After choosing a random table, I checked the query in advanced editor and found the code had added two extra statements after the url, in addition to updating to "v9.0":

I changed my existing queries to this and now everything is functioning correctly.

I would suggest creating your own new query to check the correct information is being generated rather than assuming what works for me will work for you.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

KartikBhatt Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I am still getting the error

Details: "OData: The given URL neither points to an OData service or a feed: 'https://***.api.crm.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0/'."

Frequent Visitor

There seems to be intermittent service disruption.  D365 was down on Friday.  Today it's fine, but previous the refresh of it on Power BI service wasn't working an hour ago.  The .pbix refreshed fine.  

Frequent Visitor

Correction, manual refresh of the dataset works, but schedule refresh is producing an error. 

VickyDev Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am new to D356 (Online) and PowerBI. I am tring to bring in an entity into PowerBI desktop and get this error. Yes, I have more than 10 calculated fields. I don't need all the fields in the PowerBI query but I can't load the entity to reduce the columns. What do I need to to begin to shape the query on this entity?

bmatthews Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

You could try adding a select statement to the URL to handpick the fields you want - For more information search for $select here https://www.odata.org/getting-started/basic-tutorial/