Frequent Visitor

Re: Dynamics 365 OData error with Power BI desktop

Yeah those all work fine with a web browser.  I have a ticket open with Microsoft, and they are trying to figure out what is causing it.  Will post back when I know more.

Frequent Visitor

And...it is no longer working for me either.  Nothing I have changed. Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

I have four other PowerBI D365 users that have verified this has stopped working without their having changed anything.  Still no word back from Microsoft support.

Frequent Visitor

And...it is working for me again.  Nothing I have changed. Smiley Happy

Still needs to have the ...\v8.2

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having trouble using v8.2 as i dont have v9 yet.

I have the lates june update of Power BI.

The error occurs if i try to add a new data source using the Dynamics 365 (Online).
However, if i use the recent data sources provided before the error occured, it work as before.

So for me i can still work. But, my coworkers are not so fortunate, they did not connect up before the problem occured and experience the error as provided in the post.

I hope this will be solved soon.

Frequent Visitor

Same situation for me Smiley Indifferent

Frequent Visitor

Same situation for me as well. I worked around the issue by hand-coding OData.Feed() queries to get the data, this worked well to design and create the reports. But now, the published data set cannot be refreshed and results in an error. I've opened a support ticket to try to get a resolution.

Frequent Visitor

Same for us, we updated to 9.0 and all powerbi reports are broken now Smiley Sad 

8.2, 8.1, 9.0 all results in metadata feed errors..

Frequent Visitor

Also so everyone knows I have older powerbi reports I built initially using the organization data service (example https://******.crm.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc ) and it is still working, only the ones trying to use the API web service are broken.

I tried replacing the API with that url and it didnt work sadly, not sure how easy/hard it would be to change existing complex queries/reports to use that instead. 

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here Smiley Sad

Existing reports are still working but when i want to create a new report in Power BI Desktop with de Dynamics 365 API i get the same error message. 

i'm using V8.2 and tried it on different organizations.