Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johnofsalisbury
Regular Visitor

Domino Database

Hello all, I'm brand new to the community and would really appreciate it if you guys could help me find a way to utilize a Domino Database. Lotus Notes isn't exactly the ideal way to retrieve information, but it's all I have. 

As of now I am strongly considering setting up an ODBC Connection with the NotesSql application offered by IBM, and pulling the information from there, but I would prefer to take a more direct route if possible. 

Thanks, 

John

3 REPLIES 3
honitos

Although this thread is already quite a few months old, I want to present another way to communicate with an IBM Domino server:

You may use the REST API (called "Domino Web Engine"). After activating that engine in the server configuration, you can access views and documents via REST (HTTP-calls).

For more information about that read on here: IBM Development-Wiki

This method may be a lot easier than using NotesSQL.

Regards,

Sven

@johnofsalisbury Not currently, the ODBC route seems to be the most direct way at the moment. There is a long standing request for it to be added as a datasource here, I would suggest you also add some votes and see if you can garner a bit more support from any colleagues to drive this up the back log.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer for your quick reply. I suppose it's time to take a closer look at the ODBC route. I appreciate you pointing me to that request, it already has a handful of votes from me, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the most pressing issue for the PowerBI team at the moment. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors