Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

edhans
Super User
Super User

December 2017 On Prem Gateway supports Mashup of Different Sources?

It seems the December 2017 On Premesis Gateway now supports mashup of data in Power Query. I was in a report that I have been having to update manually every few days and upload that has some data from our on prem SQL server and some from a CSV file hosted on Sharepoint.

I notieced that "Schedule Refresh" was available, selected my data gateway and confirmed my SharePoint credintials and it seems to work.

But the Dec blog post doesn't mention this at all, so wondering if this is supported, if there are issues I should look out for, or if this was just skipped in the announcement?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, it is sharepoint online. It seems to actually work once or twice, then the portal where I scheudule refreshes loses the connection to the Sharepoint site (authentication) so then stops working. Flakey at best. I see it is in progress and have been following that thread. Voted on it back in April or May 2017 when I discovered the issue.

Hoping for January 2018 full support!

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @edhans,

Does the CSV file hosted in SharePoint online? 

You can see PG comment in this idea

The initial support will enable refreshing datasets that connect to Online and On-prem sources but that do not “mash up” data between them (i.e. no Merge/Append or other query references involved). We will enable full mashup scenarios in a second phase, coming later this year.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, it is sharepoint online. It seems to actually work once or twice, then the portal where I scheudule refreshes loses the connection to the Sharepoint site (authentication) so then stops working. Flakey at best. I see it is in progress and have been following that thread. Voted on it back in April or May 2017 when I discovered the issue.

Hoping for January 2018 full support!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors