Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

borlip
Advocate I
Advocate I

Data set refresh using Personal Gateway fails on Signing in

Hi,

I installed Personal Gateway on my machine signed in and published a report linked to a local csv file to Power BI portal.

When I tried to schedule data refresh it fails to sign in to my machine... (why does it need to sign in to my machine???) I'm not on the same AD domain.

powerbi_refresh.PNGpowerbi_configure_cred.PNG 

6 REPLIES 6
borlip
Advocate I
Advocate I

And What kind of error message is that: 400?

Bad Request is meaningless for users. More details should be provided!

luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I agree there should be another way other than AAD to connect thru the AS connector.  One way is to allow for a different way of mapping identities or allow for connection to the http pump rather than a physical server -  as it always has been supported.   Vote for this if you Microsoft to lookl at an alternative.  

https://support.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi/suggestions/7266252-support-ssas-connection-using...

mgriffin
Frequent Visitor

Borlip,

I have the same issue.

I have:

Recently installed Windows 10 (didn't have this issue before that)

Uninstalled and reinstalled the Personal Gateway to esnure I am not using a preview version.

I am going to:

uninstall my 32bit version of office and install the 64bit version based on this..

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/666367-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-gateway

It indicates that Personal Gateway is 64bit only and not compatible with 32bit data sources.

I'll let you know if this change works.

Ensuring that my office/excel installation is 32bit did not fix anything.

I'm still having the same issue.

6ftNordicExport
Regular Visitor

Hi

I'm having the same issue. When I tried installing the SSAS connector (on a different system) it complained about account names, specifically firstname.lastname@company.com VS firstname.lastname@company.local .

For various reasons, not having to ask IT about editing the DNS or similar, would be advantageous for user adoption. This is it's a great idea, senior people love the visuals!

Keep up the good work!

/Fredrik

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I've had a lot of issues with refresh, including local files on the same domain (same local system) as my Power BI Gateway, I'm considering it a "work in progress" right now.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors