Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hanneke

Data dissapearing after closing Query Editor

Hi all. 

I've made a connection with an Azure Data Lake Store to get some .csv files in Power BI desktop. When in the Query Editor, I see my data, but after 'Close & Apply', nothing is left. Most of my data turns into zero's (see screenshots). Some dates and text columns are preserved.

When going back to the query editor, the data is back again. 

I tried multiple things, connecting through multiple options and changing ALL columns to text type to see if the data remains. But nothing changes - when going back to the editor, the data is gone. 

Does anyone have an idea?

data.jpg

no data.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Hanneke,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? Please make sure that you use latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.62.5222.761).

Also please choose appropriate data type for your columns in query editor. I notice that you set the data type to decimal for some whole number columns, please change the data type of these columns to whole number and check if  the issue still occurs.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thankyou for your reply. I'm using the most recent version of Power BI Desktop, and also changing the data type doesn't fix the error. I've tried multiple things (setting it to whole number, setting it to text etc.).

Also, to make sure it is not due to login problems in ADLS for example, I logged out and in again in every service i'm using. Sadly, it didn't fix the error. 

Other suggestions are more than welcome.

Best, 

Hanneke

@Hanneke,

Do you get this issue when connecting to local csv files? Is there any possibility that you can share me the csv file? I will test it in my Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors