Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Saloni
Helper I
Helper I

Data Refresh

I have made a bar chart out of some data. The target company is highlighted in red.

Now, if I change my data in the excel sheet(with a different list of companies and a different target) and then click the refresh button on PBI, how can I get PBI to identify the new target company and highlight it in red?

doubt.PNG

Appreciate your help!

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Saloni,

In Power BI, there is no OOTB feature for us to specify color based on a condition for the chart visual. So in your scenario, each time the data is refreshed and tartget is chnaged, you need to highlight the new target manually.

To work around the issue, you can try to add one column field in the Excel file to identify the target, then use the combo chart (eg: Line and clustered column chart), place the this new column as line values.

e1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

If you use local excel file to create a powerbi report then it will import all the data from excel into Power Bi services (cloud). It will not have a connection to your local file so if you do any changes in your excel then it will not affect. 

In case, if you use excel file from one drive or SharePoint then it will have a direct connection so if any changes happened on data then you can see the changes on the report.

Thanks

Hari

If I click on the refresh button, the data should change right? The new data in the excel sheet should appear on all the charts. My question is how can Power BI identify the new target company and highlight it in a different color?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors